Would someone help me recall the four meditation techniques Jennifer taught us on Saturday? This is embarassing but I can't recall all of them - there was the Thich Nhat Hanh inspired "I breathe in, I breathe out" (was that it - or was it "I inhale, I exhale?); then there was counting 1 OM, 2 OM to measure the exhalation and inhalation. What else? Was the walking meditation one, or was that something extra?
Thanks for your help.
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am trying to recall them all. I wrote down the
walking meditation, "I know I'm breathing in, I know
I'm breathing out", counting OM (she used three counts
as the number three has spiritual meaning(?) does
anyone have more to add about that...?), & "Breath,
Body, Mind, Emotion" awareness.
Posted for Greg.
Right - I was thinking of it last night, and during the seated meditation, she asked us to first focus on physical sensations, then on breath, then on thoughts, then on emotions (at least, I THINK that was the order). I wonder if either Daniel or Carrie can get Jennifer to send us a PDF of notes...
I am going to email Daniel and Carrie and see if they can get some details.
Good idea.
All I can remember from the first meditation is:
"Bystander" Meditation - the one where we observe our breathing and physical body, etc.
"1 om, 2 om..." - inhaling essence, presence
Thich Nhat Hanh - "Breathing in, I know I am breathing in. Breathing out, I know I am breathing out."
And I can't remember the last one.
The walking meditation we did after the break, I remember that much.
1 - One, Om, two, Om, three, Om,....
2 - Thich Nhat Hanh - breathing in, I know I am breathing in, breathing out, I know I am breathing out...
3 - Vipassana-inspired - focusing on the sensation of the breath from the tip of your nose down into your lungs and belly, and the sensation as you exhale...
4 - Body-scan technique
That's what I remember! love, love, love, Samantha
Good info from Samantha, House of Tang (Joe!), Sharon and Greg.
By George! I think we've got it!!
It's snowing, it's snowing, it's snowing ....How about that for a technique?
I inhale..it's snowing
I exhale...it's snowing
One OM snowflake; two OM snowflake
I'm wacky today....blame it on too much Christmas shopping...
Love and thanks to all.
Post a Comment